suggestions

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by Zack<P>, Mar 9, 2005.

1. Zack<P>

Zack<P> Agent

my room i use for home theater and relaxing is 12'9 x 14. yeah i know kinda small by some of your standards. im looking into getting a projecter and was curious if this would be worth the effort. i currently have a nice 50 inch rphdtv that is multivision (US and Europe), but it just aint doing it for me when watching big movies like lotr serries or starwars and so forth. it seems like my sounds is larger than the screen with a complete set of B&Ws powered by a yamaha 1200 reciever.

2. Gary Shipley

Gary Shipley Second Unit

Hi Zack. Even though the room is small, I don't see any reason why you could'nt go with a projector. If you can get at least 10 feet back from where the screen would be, you could go with at least an 80 to 90 inch screen and use a projector.That would leave 4 feet behind your seating area. My room is considerably longer, however, the front row of my seating area is 12 feet from the screen, and I have a 106 inch(diagonal) screen. And for watching Star Wars or LOTR's, it is great. Going from 50 inches to 80 or 90 inches would be a noticable difference. So I say, go for it!

3. drobbins

drobbins Screenwriter

Dave
    Zack,
    My Theater is almost that exact size. I am using a 4805 projector and my screen is 91". Check it out here: Basement Theater Only one row of seats, but that is fine for my family. I would definitely recommend a projector.[​IMG]