Suggestions wanted from the Wade Williams catalog

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Paul_Scott, Nov 29, 2002.

1. Paul_Scott

Paul_Scott Lead Actor

Jul 19, 2002
    i've already got Destination Moon and Project Moonbase, and have enjoyed both.
    i've got Invaders From Mars on order & i have my eyes on Flight to Mars and Rocketship X-M.
    anyone suggest anything else?

as you can see, i have no problem with cheese.
    i'm just looking for some good, innocent 50s simple minded sci-fi fun.
  2. John Sparks

John Sparks Screenwriter

Sep 12, 2001
    John Sparks
    Get all the rest. He's the only one that puts 'em out.
    "Rocketship X-M" has been reedited by him and he has red tinted the Martian scenes...crappy!
    If you buy "Reel Values Triple Feature Sci Fi Classics Vol.2"(blue packaging), it contains 3 films:
    1)a beautiful print of the unedited "Rockership X-M".
    2)"Devil Girl From Mars", just as good as his edition.
    3)"Monster From Green Hell" is one of the worse prints I've ever seen, so, 2 out of 3 on one DVD for only $8 ain't half bad!!! [​IMG]
  3. Jan Strnad

Jan Strnad Screenwriter

Jan 1, 1999
    Monster from Green Hell is also one of the worst movies ever made, so I wouldn't sweat the transfer too much! When I think of this film, I see in my mind...a man in a boat motoring down the Amazon gazes out of a window and sees tons of animal footage from 1939's Stanley and Livingstone. Then people talk, then someone gazes out of a window to see more animal footage from 1939's Stanley and Livingstone. Eventually they discover some pretty bad giant wasps that, at their worst, terrified a number of natives and
    blow them up.

The rest of the set for $8 is a good deal, though!