What's new

Suggestions to power Onix Rockets for home theater. (1 Viewer)

GabrielT

Auditioning
I have been looking at a variety of speaker brands for home theater and have listened to a number of them. The rockets have gotten great reviews and I like the 30 day guarantee so I think I will most likely go with them.

So, with the following setup I need some recommendations.

Rocket 750's front
Rocket center 200
Rocket 250's rear
(Still deciding on a sub)

I currently have no amps/recievers etc. so I will be starting from scratch here. I only have about a $1000 to spend at this moment, but will probably have a few hundred more in the next couple months. Oh, and I can get the marantz 7300ose new for $800, but that is about all I have priced out so far. Thanks in advance for the help,

Gabe

Eric C D

Second Unit
Lots of good choices in that price range. Would say that it's a general opinion that the 750s and 200 like lots of power, so I'd put more weight on a good amp section over the slickest features when considering options.

I haven't looked lately so I don't have a specific recommendation. There's a lot of guys using the Denon 3803 with that setup. And I think a lot of guys who have gone the Outlaw separates route (which would take the extra "few hundred" you're talking about).

Good Luck,

Alex Prosak

Supporting Actor
Like Eric said, there are many good choices in this range. I'm running a similar setup and using the Outlaw 950/7100 combo and I'm very happy with it.

As far as HT processing goes, the 3803 has a great performance for the price. You might want to consider getting the 3803 now and adding another power amp later to power the mains or all the speakers. If you're going to listen to a fair amount of music too, I'd just get a 2CH amp for the mains.

GabrielT

Auditioning
Update,

now considering upgrading a bit due to the rocket deal.

front 750's
rear 750s
center 200
and RSS300s

So, this would give me the "7.1" theater bit. Therefore I imagine I need something that has the 7.1 option. Now I have no idea at all what I will need :/

Eric C D

Second Unit
Most those new $1k receivers are 7.1, so nothing has really changed there. That speaker choice will put a crimp in the "few hundreds more" though, so I'm assuming the external amplification will have to wait - nice choice though.

BTW, 750s front and back - I'm pouting and never talking to you again. ;)

Eric

GabrielT

Auditioning
Kind of leaning toward the Denon 3803 now mainly due to the 7.1 and the fact that it is relatively inexpensive, but open to suggestions!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks