1. Visit this thread for your chance to win a selection of Lionsgate action films on UV!
    Dismiss Notice

Suggestions...suggestion...suggestions...

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Gary:Will, Dec 30, 2002.

1. Gary:Will

Gary:Will Auditioning

Hello everyone, Im very interested in completing my home theater with true 5.1 sound. Right now my sound system is as follows:
    -Onkyo DS494 reciever
    -Two Infinity SM 115's
    -Sony cd-deck
    The speakers are very nice for getting them free, but I really want a center channel and two rear speakers(Ill get a sub later, bass isnt a biggy for me right now since my dad hates it,lol). Skimming through this forum, there are so many different brands etc, and it is quite overwhelming. Id appreciate some advice on cheap(15 with no job::cries:[​IMG], but quality speakers. Im not asking for super-high-quality stuff for lots of money, just something that sounds nice.
    I have also heard some very good things about these . Your thoughts?

2. Jim Williams

Jim Williams Second Unit

The speakers that you refer to are for a computer. Unless you are playing your DVDs through your computer then these are not what you want.
    For surprisingly good speakers at a real discount try Fluance. For $259 you get a pair of floorstanding mains, a pair of bookshelf surrounds and a center channel. They have gotten some pretty good reviews from others on this forum.

3. Gary:Will

Gary:Will Auditioning

Well, I dont think I need new floorstanding mains, Im happy with my two Infinity SM 115's. However, I do need two surrounds and the center. If someone could point me towards some good 3-piece systems for a good price(100-150), thatd be appreciated.Im also wondering what would be a good place to buy them...my parents arent too fond of ordering on the internet and most of the local audio stores are over-priced. Anything from Best Buy, Circuit City, a larger store etc etc, would be ideal even though I doubt they have anything of quality at low prices.Thanks again.