What's new

Suggestions on selling my current speaker setup... (1 Viewer)

SethC

Agent
I currently have a Polk RM5400 set that I have been pretty happy with. However, I am looking to fill a slightly bigger space in the near future, and I am looking at POSSIBLEY selling my current setup to some sucka (jk ;-P) on EBay willing to pay more than they should. In exchange I am going to go buy a new setup.

Current setup...

Onkyo TX-DS676 Receiver
Polk RM5400 (1x RM2500C Center, 2x RM2000II Front, 2x M2 Rear)

I was looking at either the Polk 66xx, 67xx or Polk 72xx 76xx series systems.

My 5400's will probably fetch $700-800 if I do everything right. I would be willing to shell out a little more, but am on a tight budget (so lets say sub $1000).

1) Are the above Polk packages good?
2) ANy reviews and/or thoughts on thme?
3) Any other suggestions of speakers I should listen to in the $1000 price range?
4) Should I stick with what I got?

I plan on visiting several local home theater stores this week and would liek to have a game plan in mind before visiting.

Thanks for the suggestions!!

BrianJ>Y

Stunt Coordinator
Seth, if you must buy any of the polk surround packages, I wouldn't get anything under the 7600. Any series under that has 3 1/4" drivers that just won't cut it in a big room.

Polks are good speakers, but there are a lot of other companies that make great speakers as well for around the same prices. I personally would prefer bookshelfs or towers from other companies or Polk's own line over the polk sub/sat systems like the 7xxx and 6xxx series.

Go to a local audio dealer, not a store like bestbuy or circuit city and check out the various speakers from paradigm, b&w, etc. Online dealers that have been receiving rave reviews are axiomaudio.com ascendacoustics.com and the rocket series from av123.com

Most important thing to do is not RUSH your purchase, there's a world of options out there for speakers and the last thing you want is to make a bad decision and end up not satisfied and continuously changing your speakers.

SethC

Agent
Thanks for your response!

I am definately not in a rush. I am just going to go out and look this week at a local HT shop. I was just hoping for some suggestions on brands/models that I should take a listen to in the sub-$1000 range for the entire set (5.1)..?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks