Suggestions on rear speakers (Paradigm)

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Gruson, Aug 14, 2002.

1. Gruson

Gruson Second Unit

I use Studio 40s and a Studio CC for my fronts. Sub is a PW-2200.

Right now I am using some old Cerwin Vegas for the four rear speakers (7.1 set up)

Which Paradigm speakers would you guys suggest for my rears? Four Studio 20s or Studio 40s? Or should I go with another type of Paradigm?

Thanks,

JW

2. Todd_B

Todd_B Second Unit

You would fine w/either the 40s or 20s, but if you are even debating on the 40s then go w/them.

You may also want to think about getting the ADPs for the sides and either the 20s/40s for the rear center(s).

I have the 40s in the front and the 20s on the sides. They are firing across the back and make a great rear soundstage.

Todd B

3. Chas_T

Chas_T Supporting Actor

I agree with Todd here.

The ADP's on the sides should make a great soundstage and use the 20's or 40's for rear centers.

Another item to consider also is your room size and having the ability to raise the ADP's above ear level. If I recall, that is the suggested method of utilizing them. There may be other users who have them not elevated and can provide more feedback.

4. itai

itai Stunt Coordinator

i run adp's sides and 20's back, i found no need for the 40's as surrounds, as they do so litle work. (might change with dvd-a/sacd).
    the adp's are simply amazing! i just love their performance, im surprised each time they kick in! they project a very big soundstage (with proper placment).
    the 20's for rears are an overkill imo. they're not fully used, and they're just too good a speaker to be left hanging!...
    40's are better for multichannel music than adp's, so that might be a consideration.
    [​IMG]

5. Lee Daza

Lee Daza Agent

Check out Paradigm's site for more info. Seems they would advise ADP's for at least the sides, and maybe even for the rears... [​IMG]