What's new

Suggestions on non-slip rubber cushions for speaker stands? (1 Viewer)

Lee-c

Supporting Actor
I was wondering if you fellows might have some ideas on where I could buy quality self-adhesive
rubber cushions to put on my speaker stands. I want these cushions because it will keep
the speakers from sliding around on the speaker stand tops so easily. Plus it would likely
provide some additional vibration isolation from the metal top plate of the stands. I need
rubber cushions that will provide some cushioning affect, but most of all a surface that
will grip the bottom of the speakers so as to not let them move easily, even if they get bumped.
The problem is I haven't been able to find such non-slip rubber cushions anywhere. Any ideas
on what types of cushions to get and where I could order them from would be appreciated. :)

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
i use the ones supplied with my stands. they're just generic ones about 3/16" square with rubber on one side and adhesive on the other.

i'm surprised how well my speakers stick to these tiny pieces of rubber.

i'm pretty sure any hardware store (or even grocery stores) will have these things.

total cost will probably be about 3 bucks!

Reginald Trent

Screenwriter
I use a product I bought from Home Depot for my center speaker and others. It is used to line shelves to keep things from sliding around. I believe it's called Grabber Shelve Liner. You can cut this to size and it works very well.

Rich Kraus

Stunt Coordinator
ill second the recomendation for blu-tac

(the stuff i use is white actually, but similar otherwise)

i used it on my stands when i was still using stands, and i still use it to anchor my CC on top of my RPTV.

Scott-C

Supporting Actor
I don't know if this will apply for your situation, but to keep my angled center channel speaker from sliding off the top of my RPTV, I went to Home Depot and bought these small, rubber discs that are commonly used to keep doors open. They really hold the speaker in place well. Total cost was about $5 for 12 of them.

Tim_N

Auditioning
I just bought "Grippers" by Waxman from my local supermarket (Fred Meyer) to go under the back of my center channel. They are 3/4" diameter self-stick disks, so you can stack them to get the height you want. If even says "great for stereos" on the package! Probably the cheapest upgrade I will ever make at $4.00.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OttoIsHere
Recent bookmarks