Suggestions on non-slip rubber cushions for speaker stands?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Lee-c, Dec 10, 2001.

1. Lee-c

Lee-c Second Unit

I was wondering if you fellows might have some ideas on where I could buy quality self-adhesive
    rubber cushions to put on my speaker stands. I want these cushions because it will keep
    the speakers from sliding around on the speaker stand tops so easily. Plus it would likely
    provide some additional vibration isolation from the metal top plate of the stands. I need
    rubber cushions that will provide some cushioning affect, but most of all a surface that
    will grip the bottom of the speakers so as to not let them move easily, even if they get bumped.
    The problem is I haven't been able to find such non-slip rubber cushions anywhere. Any ideas
    on what types of cushions to get and where I could order them from would be appreciated. [​IMG]

2. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
  3. Ted Lee

Ted Lee Lead Actor

i use the ones supplied with my stands. they're just generic ones about 3/16" square with rubber on one side and adhesive on the other.

i'm surprised how well my speakers stick to these tiny pieces of rubber.

i'm pretty sure any hardware store (or even grocery stores) will have these things.

total cost will probably be about 3 bucks!

4. Reginald Trent

Reginald Trent Screenwriter

I use a product I bought from Home Depot for my center speaker and others. It is used to line shelves to keep things from sliding around. I believe it's called Grabber Shelve Liner. You can cut this to size and it works very well.

5. Rich Kraus

Rich Kraus Stunt Coordinator

ill second the recomendation for blu-tac

(the stuff i use is white actually, but similar otherwise)

i used it on my stands when i was still using stands, and i still use it to anchor my CC on top of my RPTV.

6. Scott-C

Scott-C Supporting Actor

I don't know if this will apply for your situation, but to keep my angled center channel speaker from sliding off the top of my RPTV, I went to Home Depot and bought these small, rubber discs that are commonly used to keep doors open. They really hold the speaker in place well. Total cost was about $5 for 12 of them.

7. Tim_N

Tim_N Auditioning

I just bought "Grippers" by Waxman from my local supermarket (Fred Meyer) to go under the back of my center channel. They are 3/4" diameter self-stick disks, so you can stack them to get the height you want. If even says "great for stereos" on the package! Probably the cheapest upgrade I will ever make at $4.00.

8. Steve_Ma

Steve_Ma Second Unit