Suggestions on DVD Player that does it all......

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by JeremyFr, Jun 7, 2003.

1. JeremyFr

JeremyFr Supporting Actor

Ok I'm looking for a DVD player that Plays DVD-A (already have some so I need this) SACD (Pink Floyd DSOTM coming out soon on SACD) and preferably MP3's. Any suggestions??? also what type of price range I may be looking at I'd prefer it has progressive output to as I am probably gonna get a projector in the next year or so.

2. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

Jeremy, first off, Pink Floyd Dark Side of the Moon came out on SACD on March 25th. [​IMG] As for a universal player, what is your budget? At present, the cheapest option is the Pioneer Elite DV-45A at $500. There are a number of players priced between $1000 and $1500. Take a look at the Denon DVD-2900, Onkyo DV-SP800 (and the similar Integra DPS-8.3), Yamaha DV-S2300, Pioneer Elite DV-47Ai, and Marantz DVD-8400. The Denon and Yamaha players have been getting good reviews. I don't know if any of the universal players handle MP3-encoded CDs, as I don't do MP3. For more on these players, check the manufacturers web sites and search this site. Www.crutchfield.com also has good information on some of these players.

3. JeremyFr

JeremyFr Supporting Actor

looks like the 45a would fit the bill thanks I cant justify paying more than that for a DVD player for myself. And thanks for letting me know about DSOTM I thought it hadn't come out yet hehe shows how up to date I am on things.

4. Pete Jennings

Pete Jennings Second Unit

There was a Marantz DV-8300 in the for sale section yesterday, you might want to check it out.

Pete

5. chris_clem

chris_clem Second Unit

If you want all the bells and whistles in a relatively cheap player, Pioneer is definitely the way to go. I bought my DV-655A (this is the Asian Edition, the US model might be called DV-656A but I'm not exactly sure) for the equivalent of about $300. It has progressive scan and it plays just about everything! DVD-A, SACD, VCD, SVCD, DVD-R, DVD-RW, Mp3's, Wma's and even Photo CD's (which I must admit is pretty useless but the fact that they crammed that in there is still pretty cool, I think)! It's really an excellent value, you can't ask much more from a dvd player really...[​IMG]