Suggestions on DVD authoring software

Discussion in 'Computers' started by Jason Mical, Dec 24, 2004.

1. Jason Mical

Jason Mical Auditioning

I've got a bunch of footage of my friends and I goofing off in college, and I'd like to put it on DVD as a present for one of them who's getting married in a few months. I've got it all digitized, but I'd like some software that will give me the option of creating a "commentary track" (I've already recorded one), so he can play it either with the regular sound, or the commentary. I browsed CompUSA and Best Buy, and I tried to Google such a thing, but came up with nothing. Any suggestions?

2. Will_B

Will_B Producer

You've discovered that a second audio track is considered a high end extra in the dvd creation world.

DVD-lab PRO, not to be confused with the regular version of DVD-lab, can do it. But it is geekware you have to pour over to understand how to use.

$200, http://www.mediachance.com/

There aren't any easy-to-use programs at that price level which offer a second audio track. Subtitles and multiple audio tracks are both hard to find.

3. Will_B

Will_B Producer

Adobe Encore DVD also offers multiple audio tracks, but it is priced like other Adobe products (i.e. unaffordable - $600).

4. Will_B

Will_B Producer

Also check out Ulead DVD Workshop 2.0 -- must be version 2 or greater. About $400.

5. Jason Mical

Jason Mical Auditioning

Somehow, I had the sneaking feeling I was going to have to spend lots of money for this.

Now, if I can somehow convince my office to buy me a copy.... [​IMG]

Thanks all!

6. Rob Gillespie

Rob Gillespie Producer

I'm sure when I tried the TMPGEnc authoring app it could do multiple soundtracks. It still goes for less than $70.