Suggestions on DC imports

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Al Fischer, Mar 31, 2002.

1. Al Fischer

Al Fischer Stunt Coordinator

I have the opportunity to get some import games for Dreamcast at an excellent price.

Can anyone suggest some goods ones to get?

If you can give a brief description of the game and which country it's from.

Thanks.

2. BrianB

BrianB Producer

What sort of games you looking for? Europe or Japan?
    The 'most commonly imported' DC games are Shen Mue 2 & Headhunter from Europe, along with REZ from either the UK or Japan (as it's in English in both countries).
    Head Hunter is a MGS style game with some nice twists to it to make it stand out. I'm really enjoying it. Great graphics & presentation. Shen Mue 2 is well, Shen Mue 2 [​IMG] REZ is a fairly unique 3D 'musical shooter' that's out on the PS2 in North America.
    If you're a longterm fan of Capcom's 2D fighters, Vampire Chronicles for Matching Service is well worth picking up - collection of the old Vampire fighting games from Capcom.
    If you like music/rythym games, then there's a number of Dance Dance Revolution & Pop'n'Music games out in Japan.
    If you like 2d Shooters, get Zero Gunner 2 which is very highly regarded by fans.
    If you like puzzlers, there's a very good conversion of Super Puzzle Fighter by Capcom available in Japan - you can get that one for much much cheaper than the US PSX port which goes for stupid money on eBay. I don't know why more people dont buy it on import.
    Other Euro exclusive games include Moho (VERY hard), Who Wants to Be a Millionare?, StuntGP, Jimmy White's Snooker (rubbish!), AquaGT & Giant Killers.
    There's a good conversion of Fighting Vipers 2 out too in Europe & Japan which can usually be bought for very cheap.
    "Oddball" Japanese games worth getting for cheap include the likes of Lost Golem, Capcom vs SNK 2 + fan disk, Cool Cool Toon, Cosmic Smash, DOA2:LE, Bomber Hehe, Jet Coaster Dream 2.

3. Al Fischer

Al Fischer Stunt Coordinator

Brian

Games from either Europe or Japan would be fine.

My favorite types of games are:

Sports

Driving

FPS-

Resident Evil type games

Thanks for the input so far.