What's new

Suggestions on 16:9 Native Projectors (1 Viewer)

Scott Sheridan

Auditioning
I'm trying to find a decent 16:9 projector for doing still and video presentations for our beekeeping club. We need to keep it around or below $1000.00. So far I have been hawking the Optima EP 1691, small, light and seems to have good lumens and contrast but from what I have read, a little noisy.

Does anyone have suggestions on makes and models of 16:9 native projectors that might come close to the Optoma numbers or be suitable for this task? I would like to try to find one on ebay if I can and I see that Optoma out there for $949.

Main things needed is 16:9 native, brightness, contrast, portability and quiet operation, you know, all the good stuff. We use other peoples xga units and at a distance with the lights on, (so people can take notes) they just don't do some images justice. We need one of our own and would like to upgrade from what we have been borrowing.

Any suggestions? Trying to get educated here.

Thank You,
scott#2

GeorgeAB

Supporting Actor
Real Name
G. Alan Brown
Just stay away from cheap business class projectors. They will not be optimized for video, but for viewing still computer images, Power Point presentations in ambient lighting, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vertigofilmfanman
Recent bookmarks