What's new

Suggestion's needed -> Best DVD Database Software?? (1 Viewer)

ReaganG

Agent
Hey,

I have been looking at cataloging my DVD collection, but so far, the DVD programs I have looked at(briefly) didn't look like winners.

Anyone use a program that they love and would actually suggest it for other people? Or are you stuck using the same old one because you already have logged in 300+ DVDs and don't wanna have to switch? Let me know if you hate a program, love it, etc. Any input will help me immensely! And that good karma will come back to you in the form of a DeepDiscountDVD sale . . . you just gotta wait for it a little longer . . .

Thanks in advance!

Wezzo

Second Unit
DVDSpot and DVDAficionado are both good online ones, each allowing you to submit titles not already in their database; if you want an offline one, the popular DVDProfiler application is a good bet.

nolesrule

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Kauffman
DVDSpot is fine for an online one and it has some neat statistics, but the problem with web-based is you never know when the website will disappear.

I use DVDProfiler. The database is populated by users, but if the company ever shuts down, you can still add your own profiles in the future without the central database, so there is no worry about the program becoming useless. And if you want an online version of your collection, they have a simple one, or if you have php/MySQL web hosting, you can use one of a handful of php scripts that use DVDProfiler's XML export.

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
And if you're on a Mac then there's really only one good one; Delicious Library. It does DVDs, CDs, Books and Video Games, and you can easily enter the titles into the database by scanning the barcode on the box with a webcam. It looks up the title on Amazon.com and pulls in the information, so it lacks some of the specific DVD info you get with other problems.

Gord

Harry-N

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Harry N.
DVD Profiler is a winner for me. As mentioned, it's good both online and offline.

Down there, in my signature, is the link to my collection, fully up to date as of today.

Harry

nolesrule

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Kauffman
I forgot to mention that in addition to the php/MySQL scripts that make use of the DVDProfiler XML export file, so do some advanced home automation and home theater applications, such as HomeSeer, MainLobby and a few others which I can't think of off the top of my head.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks