What's new

Suggestions need for good DVD player (1 Viewer)

Gerard Martin

Second Unit
Requirements about $400, 5 disc, DVI and component out, good build quality obtainable on-line and where. Does such a thing exist? Early reply sincerely appreciated. Thanks

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
The only one I can recomend is the Denon DVD-2910 but its kinda over the limit you set, $739.00 Oh and its only single disc, sorry.

It has 5.1 analog outputs, 480p component video, HDMI output, DVI output, supports both SACD & DVD-A, DCDi™ by Faroudja Progressive Scan Decoding Engine, Dual, Discrete 12-bit, 216MHz Analog Devices Video DACs (480i/480p), Buffer Memory to decrease Layer change, HDCD Decoder, WMA 9 (Audio only), MP3 Audio Decoder for CD-R/RW, DVD-R/RW Discs, HDMI 1.1 (HDCP Compatible – SiL9030) - With Selectable Scaling – 480p/720p/1080i/*1080p and DVD-Audio Output.

http://usa.denon.com/ProductDetails/228.asp#

Sony makes a 400 disc dvd/cd player but it does not have dvi out.
400-Disc DVD/SA-CD/CD Mega Changer DVP-CX995V/KIT2
Upconverts dvd and has hdmi output, SACD playback $ 399.95

Dan Driscoll

Supporting Actor

Most current players have HDMI outputs, not DVI. I believe there are HDMI to DVI adapter cables.

Check out the Yamaha DVD-C950. It's a little out of your price range, but you might be able to find a deal on-line and it has everything you're looking for, except it has HDMI instead of DVI. FWIW, it's also a very good universal audio player, to boot.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks