What's new

Suggestions for white surround sounds for the ceiling? (1 Viewer)

DanielN

Stunt Coordinator
Well my wife put the foot down and gave me a bunch of reasons why 4 surround speakers (7.1 setup) will not be a good idea for our family room. I partly agree with her, we have alot of kids in our family and they will probably knock them over.

Soooo....Im looking for 4 white surround sound speakers for the ceiling. I was originally planning on buying the NSP1 from JBL so instead Ill just get 4 JBL N26AW's. I just wanted to know if there was any other types of speaker systems with an option for white surrounds. The size of the speaker is also important. The 9 inches of the JBL's is the biggest I'll go. I dont mind going up in price a little but not alot.

Thanks,
Dan

BobRoulier

Second Unit
Daniel, I am not familiar with with the jbl's or what they cost but you might want to listen to Boston acoustics, niles, sonance, B&w ect. there are a lot of speaker manufactures who are into the ceiling and wall speakers the best thing to do is try to listen to as many as possible and then make your decision;)
hope this helps, Bob

Bry_DD

Second Unit
I have B&W LM1 Pearl White for my side and rear surrounds on a vaulted ceiling. I think they're great for surround sound. I paid $350 a pair.

Gordon B

Agent
I have the B&W LM1s (paid $350, a little pricey) in pearl white as surrounds also. Very cute little speakers with a high WAF that come in several colors and with their own mounting bracket as part of the speaker. They are on my ceiling about 12 feet up and pointing down toward the listening area. I use them for 5-channel music. No bass, but the mid and treble are fine. For movies, I use Polk FX500 bi/dipoles (think about $400?), also in white. Polk also has the FX300 bi/di, a cheaper version of the 500 in white, and makes some cheaper monopoles like the MX3 in white.

Patrick TX

Stunt Coordinator
I have the B&W LM1's in Pearl as well. I paid $250 here in San Antonio when Bjorns first took on B&W. I simply love them as surrounds. I have a 40X30 room with 12" ceilings, tile floor, & painted wood paneling (nightmare huh). The LMs blew away the Definitives I had before. I have them mounted upside down at an angle. The grills are a little tricky, but they can be reversed so the logo looks right. VERY unobtrusive.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation155
Recent bookmarks