Suggestions for video download sites...

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Adam.Heckman, Feb 12, 2006.

1. Adam.Heckman

Adam.Heckman Second Unit

I just purchased a Creative Zen Vision:M (wasn't easy to find one at a B&M!!). Anyways, I'm looking for video to show off the unit. The only kind it can't play or convert is Quicktime (so the apple stuff is out!).

Are there any legal places on the web where I can download good quality video clips to show off my new rig? I've gotten some movie trailers already... but I'm looking for something more.

2. Ricardo C

Ricardo C Producer

Heh, I was just about the suggest the Apple HD stuff. Damn!

You could try the sample clips at HD Clips, or the WMV HD samples.

But beyond downloading trailers or short clips, I don't think you can legally get "something more" without spending some cash.

3. Adam.Heckman

Adam.Heckman Second Unit

Not too against spending 'some' cash. If I could do the apple thing, I would spend a buck or two for an episode of a tv show... but I don't know of any other venue where I can do that.

EDIT: or, if somebody can suggest a free conversion software to change the video format of apples stuff...

4. Chris

Chris Lead Actor

Just get Quicktime Alternative (look it up at http://www.betanews.com/ ) download the trailers and then convert them with DiVX or whatever if you want.

There are other places you can get them, I think Nero keeps trailers up, and many studios also keep them in AVI format as well.

5. JasonMC

JasonMC Stunt Coordinator

Adam,

OT: I am looking at buying the Zen Vision: M. How do you like it?