What's new

suggestions for under 1200 speakers (1 Viewer)

John_St

Auditioning
I need to purchase some new main speakers. I'm not too sure what to go for, I'm sort of a novice. I wish to spend under 1200 for a pair of tower speakers. Any ideas?

Thanks

Barry Barnes

Stunt Coordinator
In my opinion, if you can go a hundred bucks more, nothing can touch the Diva 6.1's in anything near their price point. They go for about $1299.00 per pair.
P-DivaGroup.jpg

Doug Drake

Stunt Coordinator
Do you have an investment in a center channel that you need to match, or is that disposable/replaceable as well?

I'd look at the Klipsch RF-3, RF-5, or even the RF-7 if you can stretch your budget.

Doug

Jedd

Second Unit
There are a lot of good speakers outta here. Visit couple audistores in your area, so you have some ideas what your ears like.

The more you listen - the better: Klipsch, Paradigm, PSB, Mirage, Boston Acoustic and so far.

george king

Supporting Actor
Go listen to lots of speakers and you will find something you like. I will throw in the new Kef Q7 speaker. Or if you want a monitor the Kef RDM 2.

Hope this helps.

Cam S

Screenwriter
I would Highly suggest the Klipsch Reference towers. The RF-3's are super nice, and the RF-5's even better. The RF-7's are in a league of their own, 102dB @ 1watt/1meter!!!!!

John A. Casler

Second Unit
I know of some brand new VMPS RM-1s in that price range (they list for $1580) for sale.

There are very few speakers in that price range that could beat this speaker.

The imaging, sonics, dynamics, and soundstage, when set up proprely, are second to none.

e-mail me privately for info if interested.

John Casler

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks