Suggestions for TV?

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Chris Moore, Nov 26, 2004.

1. Chris Moore

Chris Moore Auditioning

Hello all,

My current television that I use for viewing DVDs and such (don't laugh) is a 25 inch Admiral purchased in 1993 containing only one coaxial input (no a/v inputs or anything). I am wanting to do away with the RF modulator and get something better.

What would you all suggest? I would like to get something a bit bigger, but I don't want to break my bank either ($1000 or below is my price range, $600 to $700 US would be even better yet). In short I want to get a lot of tube for my buck.

What do you all suggest? I live in a 600 square foot apartment so I don't have the room for something too monstrous (though believe me it would be great LOL).

2. Jim Mcc

Jim Mcc Producer

Jim
    Chris, do you want a HD ready TV or not?
    Do you want a 4:3 set or 16:9?
    Will this be your main set?
    Your best deal would be an analog 36" set, 4:3 format. I would also check out Avsforum.com for advice, and Consumer Reports for RELIABILITY of 36" sets and ratings.

3. Chris Moore

Chris Moore Auditioning

HD ready is fine, I don't necessarily have to have an HDTV, but an HDTV monitor would be a good bet for the future I think. As many DVDs as I have I think 16:9 would be a good investment as well.