What's new

Suggestions for software for basic edits AND converting PAL to NTSC? (1 Viewer)

JasenP

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jasen
I have a customer at work that is looking for an editing/conversion solution for home. Apparently, he has a German made and PAL version of the Sony TRV33 and wasn't happy with the streaking effect he got when using Adobe Premiere to convert from PAL to NTSC. He had several other trial version editing suites on his PC and I suspect a codec conflict is to blame.

Anyway, is there a conservatively priced software that will to basic edits and transitions AND convert from NTSC to PAL?

Thank you in advance for your reply.

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
Check out the Pal to NTSC guides at DVDrHelp.com. There are a couple of guides using low cost/free software. If you only need 30 days, you can do it for free, otherwise TMPGenc will cost $50 for the full version.

-Dave

AnitaPeterson

Stunt Coordinator
Why not do it in hardware and just get rid of all the hassles?

I have the ADS USB InstantDVD 2.0 and I have to say it does an excellent job in making DVDs from any NTSC or PAL source. And it's got the same chip used in standalone DVD recorders, so the quality will be very good (you can also tweak it).

PS: the link is at Tigerdirect.com but you'll find it much cheaper in other computer stores, online or B&M.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks