Suggestions for matching a new center channel and surrounds to my current L&R speakers!

Dave Moritz

Premium
Real Name
Dave Moritz
I finally got a subwoofer after never owning a sub in my system from the very beginning. I own Altec Lancing A-7 Voice Of The Theaters and do not want to give them up because it would be very difficult to find an equal that I can afford! But now I want to upgrade my current Polk Audio CS-100 center channel and I also want to upgrade my rear surrounds as well. The snag is that the room will only let me hang the speakers the way the room is configured and it is not any better if I flip the room around. The current rear channels are Advent Marbles two ways. And the subwoofer is a 12" Polk Audio.

Cerwin Vega is out of the question as I personally find them to muddy and boomy sounding.
Current considerations are:
Polk Audio
Tannoy
Focal
Klipsch
Future plans include upgrading the 50" Sony display to a 60" 1080p flat panel or to a 100" projection screen!

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
I'd almost try to find another pair of VOTT and use one as the center speaker and just sit the TV on it.
Know a guy who did that with some LaScalas...

Dave Moritz

Premium
Real Name
Dave Moritz
If I was going to go with a 100" projection screen soon and had the room for some larger surrounds and a bigger room I actually would think about tracking down some A-7's. But for now it looks more feasible financially to go with a 60" display? And I wouldn't want to put my display on the A--7 and I do not think it would work even on it's side.

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lendrena