1. We suffered a brief outage this morning when our host noticed that HTF needed to be moved to a different server due to a hardware failure. That work is now complete. Please post in the feedback area if you have any issues.
    Dismiss Notice

Suggestions for External CD-Writers for PC?

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Allan, Apr 30, 2003.

1. Allan

Allan Stunt Coordinator

I am looking to buy an external CD-Writer for my laptop and cannot seem to find reviews on-line for a good one. Does anyone have any suggestions? I am just looking for one that is reliable, will not die on me, and is not that expensive.

thanks
    allan

2. John Watson

John Watson Screenwriter

You might get more response on the "Computer and HTPC" section of this board.

I'm curious about these machines myself, so will look at this question in case any replies help me out too

[​IMG]

3. Greg_R

Greg_R Screenwriter

Greg
    Plextor is the only CD-R/RW drive that hasn't died on me in under 6 months. Their burn-proof buffer management is excellent. They have a variety of external USB/USB2 offerings... highly recommended (get a USB 2.0 card if you don't have that connection).

4. Matt DeVillier

Matt DeVillier Supporting Actor

get an internal drive (lite-on) and an enclosure..cheaper that way

5. Shane Bos

Shane Bos Second Unit

The backpack series from I believe it's micro solutions (someone correct me if I'm wrong) are excellent units.

6. Jeff Pug

Jeff Pug Stunt Coordinator

I second the Plextors with usb2.0 connection not one minutes trouble and does not make coasters