What's new

Suggestions for CD changer under 4inches tall? (1 Viewer)

Ricky T

Supporting Actor
Ooppss, actually I can go up to 4.25 inches (I can put my xbox on a different shelf).
I am shopping for a CD changer that is NO MORE than 4.25 inches tall (including feet). Might seem silly, but I only have one big audio rack, and the shelves are already occupied (very tightly) by 3 power amps, an MC1, an XBOX, DSS receiver, a VCR, and a BFD equalizer. I am saving the top of the rack to play with a component that can change from time to time, and therefore vary in height....a stereo preamp (tube and solid state) :)
Minimum requirements: 5 disc changer, remote, one digital out, nice redbook dacs, less than $400. Doesn't have to be the latest technology. Marantz CC-48?
Thanks in advance!
Ricky

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Ricky, pardon the pun, but that is in actuality a tall order. ;) Changers are usually pretty chunky. I just checked Crutchfield's web site, and the Sony SCD-CE775 SACD/CD changer ($200) is 4.25" tall. Note that it has an optical digital output, but no coaxial digital output. According to Crutchfield, the Denon DCM-370 and Sony CDP-CA70ES changers are too tall. The Sony SCD-C222ES is too tall as well. You could check marantz.com for specs. on the CC3000, CC4000, and CC4000OSE.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks