What's new

Suggestions for a used Pre/Pro??? (1 Viewer)

Zak Ruck

Stunt Coordinator
I'm debating on buying a nice used Pre/Pro for my ht. I recently bought new Paradigm Studio 20's for my mains and I'm going to be replacing my very old HK receiver.

I've been thinking about a nice B&K Ref 30 or 20, or possibly an AVR202 (I know it's a receiver though). I'm not sure about other brands.

I'd like to stay under $900 and want DD and DTS at least. I'm going to be using my system for about 60%HT and 40%Music.

So, any ideas?????

NickSP

Supporting Actor
$900 should get you something decent if you are not crazy about DD-EX/DTS-ES (6.1 processing) You can definitely get the B&K Ref 20 or even a Lexicon DC-1 for that price. I would personally go with the Lexicon as I thought 2 channel music sounded more open and airy.
Also look for a used HK Signeature 2.0 prepro. It is an awesome prepro and can be had for under $600.

Brian Kleinke

Supporting Actor

Might be true (not heard any old B&K or Lexicon's), but one advantage is you do get DPL2 and all the fancy 7 channel stuff not to mention the 6 channel input.

chung_sotheby

Supporting Actor
I would say that if you want features, get the Outlaw. If you want sound, look for either a used Citation 5.0, Lexicon DC1, or EAD Encore. I think that the Outlaw is in the same league soundwise as the B&K 20, as I have owned both of these units.

Zak Ruck

Stunt Coordinator
I wouldnt mind all the different featues, but I really want good sound. The unit has to hve DD and DTS.

Thanks for some great ideas, I'll have to see what I can find.

John Tompkins

Supporting Actor
For a few more dollars you could get a used aragon soundstage, incredibly dynamic, noise free sound that is first rate all the way..latter down the road you could upgrade to stageone status if you like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks