What's new

Suggestions for a decent CD changer (1 Viewer)

Gregg Hart

Stunt Coordinator
I need a CD changer for the HT. Only need about 200 disk changer. Would only like to spend about $200 - $250.
Thanks.
Gregg
------------------
Link Removed

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Gregg, Kenwood, JVC, and Sony make 200-disc CD megachangers in your price range. However, for around $250, you should be able to step up to a 300-disc Sony or 301-disc Pioneer unit. I would stay away from the 200-disc players, as I don't think they are very good overall in terms of features or performance. Take a look at the Sony CDP-CX335 (300-disc capacity) or Pioneer PD-F1039 (301 discs). Crutchfield should have good information on these players on its web site, but you will probably get better prices on them from OneCall (1-800-340-4770), J&R Music World (1-800-221-8180), or Oade Bros. (1-229-228-0093 or 1-229-228-4480). Best of luck.
------------------
My:
HT Pics ; Equipment List ; DVD Collection ; LD Collection
KeithH: Saving the Home Theater World Before Bedtime

Jah-Wren Ryel

Stunt Coordinator
Looks like you can pick up a refurb Pioneer Elite PDF27 300+1 changer for $204 + $30 shipping at ubid right now ($204 is the reserve price, which is where the changers usually sell at). Or the Pioneer PDF1009 300+1 for "less" as it has no reserve price.
Ubid usually runs these items over and over again so if you miss these auctions, check back the next day, you can find them in the "audiophile separates" group of their "hi-end audio" section:
http://www.ubid.com/cat/get_cat_page.asp?CatID=1023

Gregg Hart

Stunt Coordinator
Jah,
What do you think about buying a refurbished Elite piece from ubid? Great price for the player but I want to make sure it will last more than 60 days. Is that all the waranty I get from it or does it have the standard Peioneer Elite warranty?
------------------
Link Removed

Gregg Hart

Stunt Coordinator
I went ahead and bid on and won the Pioneer Elite PDF27 300+1 changer for $204. Great deal indeed. Thanks for the help.
Gregg
------------------
Link Removed

Jah-Wren Ryel

Stunt Coordinator
Sorry that I only got a chance to reply after the fact - I've bought a *ton* of stuff from ubid and I've found that the more expensive the product, the better luck I have with it. I bought a toshiba 56" hdtv from them over a year ago and it is great. I bought a bunch of Bohlender-Graebener speakers at $700+ a pop and they've been great. Similarly I bought a bunch of wharfedale speakers at $100 each, one bad driver out of 8 speakers and it was handled in less than a week with them shipping me a new driver. But, I just bought 5 $20 phones and two of them came with the wrong wall-wart power supplies (wrong brand). I think that at $200 you probably have a 95% of having zero problems with the changer.
If you do have problems, it can be a bit of pain to deal with. I have found that the best route is to eschew email, just be prepared to camp on their 800 number for an hour before you get to talk to someone. When you do get a real live person, they usually do a great job of handling problems. If you do email, it gets shunted off for weeks before you get a good response.
Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks