Suggestions For A Cheap Preamp. Denon 3802??

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by JustinP, Jul 26, 2002.

1. JustinP

JustinP Stunt Coordinator

I'm looking to upgrade my old Yamaha RXV-595 to an entry level separates setup to power my newly acquired Paradigm Studio 60's. I'm leaning toward something like the Parasound 1000A or a comparable 2ch amp (since the 60's are the only speakers I currently own). However, I'm in somewhat of a bind as to what I should use as a preamp as cost is definitely a constraint. I've read numerous posts on this forum recommending the Denon 3802 as a receiver/preamp, but I was wondering if anyone could recommend another 'bang for the buck' preamp solution at this price point ($699) or lower (preferably).

2. Jed M

Jed M Cinematographer

I think for 700 dollars the 3802 would be one of your better choices. For a couple hundred more you could always get the Outlaw (if it comes back) or the new Sherwood coming out in a couple months.
    Another route is the used one. Rodney H is selling his Rotel 976 for 700 shipped. A steal if you ask me. Check it out
    http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...ighlight=rotel
    If you have five channels of amplification and don't care about DPL II I would jump all over this for the price.[​IMG]

3. itai

itai Stunt Coordinator

dont forget that the denon gives you 7ch amps, no pre/pro does that, so it saves you money. with a 5ch poweramp you can still have 7.1 setup.
    [​IMG]