What's new

Suggestions and Recommendations (1 Viewer)

Jake.P

Auditioning
Hey all, I'm in the midst of upgrading my setup and I'd like to get some speaker suggestions out of ya.
Here's the deal: I've had the same Sony All-In-One unit for a loooong time. I'm moving on up to the Sony STR-DE985 (hey, I got a great deal). I've already got the HT speaker front covered (again, good deal on a package) but I'm looking to get a pair of mains for 2-channel sound.
I'd like to get the best I can for around $500-600 (U.S.). As a point of reference, I listen to ALL kinds of music: Rock(Classic/Modern/Hard), Rap, Electronica, Exotica, Big Band, Gospel, Soul, Blues, etc. etc. So I'd like something that can cover all these well. I've already got a sub, so I'm assuming (if I'm wrong, please correct me) I won't need something with huuuuge amounts of bass in it.
Oh, and can they look good to boot?;)
Thanks all. I appreciate any and all help.

John Dunlap

Stunt Coordinator
Jake,

My vote would be for the Paradigm Monitor 7's which will run you about $500 maybe a tad more. For the $$, very tough to beat.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks