Suggestions about this Home Theater

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Antonio_D, Sep 25, 2002.

1. Antonio_D

Antonio_D Agent

hi all,i would like you to give me your suggestions about this home theater because i'm plannig to buy all that

AUDIO:

Receiver:3802 DENON
    Main Speakers:Six Monitor 5 from Paradigm
    Center Speaker: CC 370
    SubWoofer: PS-1200

VIDEO:

RCA 61 inch TV
    SONY DVD Player
    SONY VCR

So please give me all your suggestions ,all you could say about the TV and the Big Stereo.
    Thanks in advance!

2. Pablo Abularach

Pablo Abularach Supporting Actor

Antonio,

I think you are setting a very nice setup,

3. AndrewBest

AndrewBest Extra

Antonio,

Looks like a good set up.

I would suggest however, that maybe a Toshiba RPTV would be better than the RCA. Also look at the Toshiba 4700 DVD/DVD-audio player, its the best bang for the buck IMO.

YOu might be able to save a little more money if you went with the Denon 2802, or the H/K 320. You could also add an external amp latter on if you wanted to upgrade.

4. Joe Szott

Joe Szott Screenwriter

Audio looks very good, should be a great setup. Denon is solid choice, so is HK 520, Sony DA4ES, or Pioneer Elite 45tx.
    I will parrot what other folks have suggested: JVC for a VHS or S-VHS, and Panasonic (preferably the RP82) for DVD player. Cost the same but give more bang for your buck.
    TV is a little stickier because everyone has their own preferences. I have found Mitsubishi, Pioneer Elite, and Panasonic make good HDTV sets. Toshiba is OK, although I don't know how well they hold up over time. I bought a Mitsubishi WS-46809 and it is perfect for our tastes and needs. I would avoid Zenith, Sony (all but the highest line), and RCA. Some have soft pictures, the others you might as well just get a better RPTV for the same price [​IMG]