What's new

Suggestions about 3802 (1 Viewer)

Antonio_D

Agent
hi all,how are you?
i'm planning to get a Denon 3802 with 7 speakers and a sub(so a 7.1 setup).Assuming that i will also have a 65 inch HDTV 16:9 widescreen;which of the sound mode on the Denon 3802 will work best with my setup?
Cause on the Denon 3802 i heard you got many sound mode(Matrix,Dolby Pro Logic 2,Dolby Digital,Digital Theater System,DTS NEO 6,DTS ES or "WIDE SCREEN MODE 7.1"?

P.S:Feel free to give all your suggestions and your opinions!

Thanks a lot in advance!!!

Joe Szott

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe S.
I don't know which one you will use, but you are correct that they have a whole bunch to choose from. After you hook it up, you will find that certain modes sound better to you than other ones, it's all a matter of personal taste. Plus, for TV/cable viewing you might use DPLII and switch to 5.1 DD or 7.1 for DVDs based on what is supported. It's all good with that Denon and 7.1 setup.

MarcVH

Second Unit
Depends on the content. Obviously for Dolby Digital or DTS content, you should use those modes. For Dolby Surround content like most TV programs, the standard is Dolby ProLogic II Cinema Mode, although some find they like Music mode instead. For basic stereo CD listening, standard stereo is my preference, but it depends whether your 7.1 speaker system includes good mains. 7-channel stereo is a good party mode to fill the room with music.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks