What's new

suggestion for subwoofer ? (1 Viewer)

Michael Hurd

Auditioning
I recently purchased a modest ht setup including klipsch mains rf3II's, center rc3II, and ss.5 surrounds. My problem is that the small 8" sub that i had used with my yamaha minisytem is non-existant. I can unplug it and it does not make a difference. I live in canada so shipping from U.S. is not an option due to high costs -- so svs is out. I can access locally products from infinity, jbl, polk audio, cerwin vega, paradigm and velodyne. My budget is fairly tight ( who's isn't ? ) max $1000 cdn with taxes in. I am looking for a sub that will play down to roughly 25 hz in my loft apartment roughly 12'x18' opening into a 10'x15' kitchen area. Neighbour irritation factor is not an issue as my sister-in-law owns the house, and the elderly neighbours are near deaf. I am looking for a sub with a good transient response that will keep up to my mains. Any suggestions ? You can post them here or e-mail me athttp://[email protected]

Chris Tsutsui

Screenwriter
Of the brands you listed, I'd choose the JBL S120Pii for the bang per buck.

JBLs newest studio subwoofer can be found for under $400 US.
Plays below 25hz with plenty of clean output. I believe it's a 12" vented front firing sub powered by 400 watts.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks