What's new

Suggestion for Mods (1 Viewer)

Chuck L

Screenwriter
Maybe it has been dicussed here and I have missed it. If so, please forgive me.

Being the fact that this is one of the best sites for Home Theater needs, has it been considered to have a seperate 'page' if you will that will detail release date information? Currently, I am having to utilize many different sites in order to keep tabs on releases. It would be very handy to have them all in one big place.

Again, if this has been discussed, I am sorry for repeating. If not, can this be considered?

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
smiley_shrug.gif
There's always the Weekly Roundup, found each week in HTF's Coupons & Bargains section (my picture in my sig is a shortcut to that section; just look for the latest Roundup!).
:D
[/shamelessplug]

Chuck L

Screenwriter
David-

Thank you much for what you do on the weekly roundup. In fact, it is usually the first thing that we look at on the web on Sunday mornings.

What I am really referring to though, is that with the information that the folks get here, that if it was a posted board, page, what-have-you....that would feature the street dates of DVD's way months in advance. It would simply be added to each time a new date comes up. I believe that it would prove to be a great addition as to be able to plan and be able to see EVERYTHING that is coming on a said day.

Does that make sense....

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Oh, I gotcha. You mean like what DVDTalk does here with "re-releases", only not just limiting it to re-releases of existing DVD's.
Is that kinda what you have in mind?
You are, of course, very welcome for your nice comments about the Roundup! It's a pleasure to provide it for you and everyone, as long as Ron and Packy keep letting me! :D

Chuck L

Screenwriter
That would be close to it David. I am thinking, and if I had the smarts enough to be able to do it myself for here I would...come up with like a spreadsheet that detail the release days and what was coming out on that day.

The DVDTalk thing is close in that being what is coming, but of course many of those are wish-for titles that may never come. What I am talking about is something like:

Gremlins: Special Edition WB 8-6-02

Gremlins 2: Special Edition WB 8-6-02

Friday the 13th Unrated Box Set P 8-6-2046

(seems like the best date for that to happen)

Something along those lines in like an Excel format. It would encompass all studios and the dates of the DVD release.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks