Suggestion For Manufactures

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by Dominic-B, Oct 15, 2005.

1. Dominic-B

Dominic-B Auditioning

Hello,

I am looking for manufacture suggestions. I am wanting to do audio and video distribution through my house. I have looked at crestron, and was wondering for other suggestions of companies that have equiptment of similar use.

Thanks Dominic

2. Leo Kerr

Leo Kerr Screenwriter

Crestron really isn't distribution; they're really about show-control.

Distribution, If I could afford it, I'd go with Extron. Second choice, I've had good luck with Kramer.

For show control, my preference has been years of good luck with AMX.

But Extron won't let you down.

Leo

3. joseph westcott

joseph westcott Second Unit

With all the advancements in recievers nowadays, you may be pleasantly surprised by the capabilities of some of the flagship receivers to handle multiple source areas.

You could potentially save a lot of money and still have all the flexibility of a dedicated control system.

RF technology has come a long way too and some units will work in concert with your remote to give you full control from anywhere in or out of the house without costly wiring and control systems.

4. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

Since specific brand names are being requested, this thread has been moved to the appropriate hardware-related area. Remember, the Basics area is for general discussion at the beginner level only.