Suggestion for a home theatre system

Discussion in 'Beginners, General Questions' started by saurabh, Jul 7, 2003.

1. saurabh

saurabh Auditioning

Hi All,
    Well i would like to know what the community here would think would be a good home theatre system in the price range of $500-700.

The room i want to install it in has high ceiling ~21 feet and the dimenstions are 19 x 17.
    I do have surround sound wiring done in this room and is approx. 8 ft above the floor.

Thanks for your time,
    Saurabh

2. Agustin

Agustin Agent

Well, you made the biggest part with the wire system so check it out for onkyo receiver with the system Home Theatre System in a box, so you don have any problem with the speakers quality

3. saurabh

saurabh Auditioning

Hi Agustin,

Are you suggesting to check if the wires installed work properly.
    Also which onkyo system would you suggest.
    Regards,
    Saurabh

4. scott>sau

scott>sau Stunt Coordinator

Your budget is limited to a smaller surround sound "in-a-box" type of system.
    I would prompt you to ask yourself if this system will be temporary, or with it be your final system. You could go with a small system and get a bigger one in time. With room size multiples of 21x19x17 you find your cubic feet requiring a sub with power of around 300 watts.
    Whatever you decide, the two key selling points are flexibility, (upgradability in the electronic component). And warranty.
    You can also type in a brand and model number and seek reviews of them in your search engine to decide on a specific system.