Suggestion for $2000 HDRPTV?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by chrisl, Apr 28, 2002.

1. chrisl

chrisl Auditioning

I've got $2-2500 for a 45-53" HDRPTV. There's Sony's KP53HS30,KP51HW40, Pioneer SD533HD5,Toshiba's 50H81 and HX81 and some Mits choices. I'm pretty unexperienced videophile, so I'll prob. just go get with what most people suggest. My viewing distance is about 8ft. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Chris Glanton

Member from way back when....where's Walter? Burke?

2. AngioDan

AngioDan Extra

Chris, I have the Samsung HCL473W 47" RPTV and have been very happy with it. You can score it for around $2000 or less. The HCL4715W is a little less money with a few minor differences. My viewing distance is about the same as yours, and that screen size is nice. Much bigger and it would feel like you are in the front row of a theater.
    Sammy owners have a thread here, and can give you more info.
    http://www.hometheaterspot.com/cgi-b...ubb=forum&f=36

3. Dwight Amato

Dwight Amato Stunt Coordinator

I can also recommend the Panasonic PT47WX49 or PT47WX51. 47" set for around $1600. Looks as good as any set out there once tweaked.

4. chrisl

chrisl Auditioning

Thanks for these other alternatives guys. I know this is such a boring basic "not that question again" inquiry so I'm not expecting alot of feedback lol I'll see if I can find some to look at.

Chris

5. chrisl

chrisl Auditioning

Not like anyone's too interested by the looks of this thread :-() I ordered a Pioneer SD533HD5 from One Call. Just really liked the pics over the Sony and Toshiba.

Chris