What's new

Suggested needed: Sending line level audio ~75' (1 Viewer)

TheKat

Auditioning
Real Name
Jason
I have a setup I'm trying to get working at my house that's driving me bonkers.

I have an in-wall receiver system upstairs in my house. It has available optical and analog input.

I want to run a line-level signal from my main AV stack to it so both levels of house have the same thing playing if we want. There's already conduit running between the two points, so I should be able to pull almost any kind of cabling required.

I tried using optical, but it turns out that is only rated for 5m without repeaters required. That's a lot of repeaters and I can't get that many in without opening the walls and doing crazy things to get power available anyway.

Running a line-level audio signal 75' through the walls is almost guaranteed to run into problems with interference pickup. Since I don't know where the power and conduit all run exactly, I have to assume they'll be in close proximity often.

So I'm looking for recommendations on how I can send a line-level signal about 75' through very likely hostile conditions.

Thanks.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I think your best solutions will be something wireless, or converting the signal to balanced for the cable run. Something wireless is probably your best bet, since the origin and destination don't need any wiring between them and is probably cheaper in the long run.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks