What's new

Suggested change to BB "Reward Zone" program... (1 Viewer)

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
My local Best Buy is just two stores away from Barnes and Noble and I tend to take a "browsing trip" to both at least once a week. After a while, something sank in about the Reward Zone membership I occasionally use (I bought a TV last year, so the membership was basically free). Why is it that most "frequent buyer" programs (like those at B&N and Waldenbooks) give you a 10% discount on most purchases IN ADDITION TO the reward certificates that you earn? Even if Best Buy only applied this to music and DVDs (which is mostly what I buy there) it would be a perk that would increase my buying there tremendously! So, I suggested it when I filled out one of those online survey reciepts things and I also shot off an email to the "Contact Us" link at the Reward Zone! I will keep you posted as to any response I get...and feel free to email Best Buy with you comments too!

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
I received a response today from "Lisa" with Customer Service. She's passing on my suggestion to the Marketing Department and thanked me for my comments. I won't hold my breath waiting for a response of a change in the program.

MarkDude

Stunt Coordinator
Well, you got your wish: a change in the RZ program! Too bad this change is that you need to spend more money to earn certificates and you don't get points for any amount of applicable mail-in rebates. See what your e-mail did?? ;)

--Mark--

Mike Boniferro

Second Unit
That kind of program for DVDs and CDs seems unlikely. Talking to people who work in music shop and big box, they generally make next to nothing on software (between losing a small ammount and making 10%), so it really wouldn't make sense from a business point of view....

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks