What's new

Suggest wireless controller for PS2 (1 Viewer)

Jim A. Banville

Supporting Actor
Has anyone tried one? Is there a "lag" in repsonse? What about battery life? What I'd like is a "wireless" controller that plugged up to the wall outlet for power!

thanks
Jim

Nathan_R

Supporting Actor
Jim,

I had the Madcatz wireless controller. It came from Target for about $60. It had a docking station for recharging. The lag only bothered me in Batman, but that could have beenthe controller laughing at me for actually buying Batman.

Anyway, it had a little quirk. The controller would "go to sleep" with inactivity (like 10 minutes or so) and would wake up (i.e. vibrate to let you know it's alive) when you push the left thumb stick.

Overall, it was a great controller. That wast he best part of my PS2.

Best regards,
~~Nathan

JoshF

Supporting Actor
There's a new 2.4ghz wireless PS2 controller coming out in mid-June. Should be a good one, and I'm personally waiting for that one.

DonRoeber

Screenwriter
Josh,
Can you provide more details on the wireless controler due in June? Looking to get 4 wavebirds and 2 PS2 wireless controlers about that time. Thanks!

JoshF

Supporting Actor
Don:
Logitech makes it, Link Removed .
Unfortunately, according to that site, it looks like it won't be out until end of summer. The previews so far are pretty good, though.

ChrisV

Second Unit
OK, this information is really pretty useless because I have a memory like a sieve, but I was in London Drugs the other day and they had a unit that you could plug into your PS2 and then you plugged your PS2 controller into this other dealy, thus making any PS2 controller "wireless". Of course it still has a wire because it's a regular controller, but there you go. Might be something to look at. I just wish I could remember who made the thing :frowning:.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RobRWA123
Recent bookmarks