What's new

Sugarland Express: Will this have DTS? (1 Viewer)

Johnny G

Supporting Actor
I read on a thread about DTS bit rates that this film will include a DTS track and looking at the menu shot on DVD Times, there is a languages selection but the announcement only mention English 2.0 mono.

Seeing as they've given Duel a DTS track which is released on the same date, I guess this could be true.

Can anyone confirm this?

WillG

Senior HTF Member
Most of Spielberg's films have DTS except for the ones that are put out by WB (Empire of the Sun, The Color Purple) and the Indiana Jones films, probably because of Lucas and Paramount. I would expect "The Sugarland Express" to carry a DTS track.

Gordon McMurphy

Senior HTF Member
I imagine that the final specs will be similar to Duel, ie. Great transfer, original 2.0 mono, Dolby 5.1 and DTS 5.1 with new foley effects, new interviews/featurettes, trailer(s), extensive production notes, etc.

Of all of Spielberg's best films, I think that this one is the most neglected. It's a good films - beautifully shot in Panavision.

Jon Sheedy

Stunt Coordinator
Highly underated...one of my favorite Spielberg films. I'll be very happy to finally replace my laserdisc. Since I spent quite a bit of time on differents sets of this picture, I'm really hoping for extensive supplemental material!

Michael Osadciw

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael Osadciw
I thought I read somewhere that this release would *NOT* have a DTS encoding. It struck me as being odd, as well as the writer, because most Spielberg flicks have DTS.

Mike

David Sal

Stunt Coordinator
http://spielbergfilms.com/ reports that it will be only with mono sound and a trailer as the only extra. How a tv movie like Duel (although great) gets a better treatment than the first theatrical feature of a master?

Gordon McMurphy

Senior HTF Member
Well, that is disappointing news, David. I was expecting a lot more from this release. But as long as the transfer is good, then I'll be happy to finally see this gem on DVD.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks