What's new

SUGARFOOT: Complete Season 2 coming Nov 5, 2013 (1 Viewer)

Bob Gu

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob Gudera
Sugarfoot Season 2 is coming from the Warner Archives and like Season 1, it looks like it may be exclusive for awhile to the "Super D" owned sites: importcds.com deepdiscount.com dvdplanet.com and ccvideo.com. All four show a Nov 5, 2013 release.

Sugarfoot took it's title and theme song from a Randolph Scott western, but the character Tom Brewster came from a another WAC western release called , "The Boy From Oklahoma". The first episode of the Sugarfoot series "Brannigan's Boots" is a pretty exact remake of "The Boy From Oklahoma". The TV version even features three of the same actors from the movie version, playing the same characters, so they can use footage from the movie.

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
Bob Gu said:
Sugarfoot Season 2 is coming from the Warner Archives and like Season 1, it looks like it may be exclusive for awhile to the "Super D" owned sites: importcds.com deepdiscount,com, dvdplanet.com and ccvideo.com. All four show a Nov 5, 2013 release.

Sugarfoot took it's title and theme song from a Randolph Scott western, but the character Tom Brewster came from a another WAC western release called , "The Boy From Oklahoma". The first episode of the Sugarfoot series "Brannigan's Boots" is a pretty exact remake of "The Boy From Oklahoma". The TV version even features three of the same actors from the movie version, playing the same characters, so they can use footage from the movie.
That's the spare no expense style of the Warner western.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
Excellent news. I'm enjoying this one alot and was not expecting Season 2 until next year. Glad to see they are speeding this one, Cheyenne and now Maverick along at a fast pace. Now we can hope Bronco, Lawman and Colt .45 will be coming soon.

Reactions: EdG

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Randy Korstick said:
Excellent news. I'm enjoying this one alot and was not expecting Season 2 until next year. Glad to see they are speeding this one, Cheyenne and now Maverick along at a fast pace. Now we can hope Bronco, Lawman and Colt .45 will be coming soon.
AND, The Dakotas. :)

bretmaverick2

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tom Hunter
I know that the character of Bart Maverick had a guest spot / cameo on Sugarfoot S1. Anyone know how much he was actually involved? I try to collect all things Maverick and wondered if it was worth purchasing.

ALSO,, anyone know if any Maverick character appears on the second season of SUGARFOOT???

John Hermes

Screenwriter
Real Name
John Hermes
bretmaverick2 said:
I know that the character of Bart Maverick had a guest spot / cameo on Sugarfoot S1. Anyone know how much he was actually involved? I try to collect all things Maverick and wondered if it was worth purchasing.

ALSO,, anyone know if any Maverick character appears on the second season of SUGARFOOT?
Bret comes in at the very end of "Misfire" from season one with a comedy cameo, just as episode is wrapping up.

Bob Gu

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob Gudera
Jack Kelly, as Bart Maverick, appears in a poker playing scene in the Sugarfoot S1 episode, "A Price On His Head".I don't know if any Mavericks are in Season 2, but Wade Preston is in the two 'Canary Kid' episodes as his Chris Colt character from COLT.45.

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
All these cameos remind me of the Hooterville/O.W. Douglas farm/Beverly Hills/Shady Rest Hotel axis that CBS played with in the 60's. That was pretty cool, never knowing who might show up every week on those shows.

bretmaverick2

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tom Hunter
I take it that both of those Maverick cameos are on the first season, SOOOOO it looks like I am gonna have to order that one up!!!!

Thanks for the info!

Bob Gu

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob Gudera
The Warner Archive is now showing SUGARFOOT Season 2 being released on Oct 22, 2013. So no exclusive for the "Super D" sites. There are a limited number of copies signed by Will Hutchins.

I already ordered Sugarfoot S 2 from importcds.com for shipping Nov 5, 2013, at a lower price. The Importcds Sugarfoot listing calls it a Special Edition, so I wonder if it is signed too?

Will Hutchins writes a monthly article for the fansite: westernclippings.com

Hey bretmaverick2, did you know the Maverick theme song is used in the 1956 LONE RANGER movie?

oldtvshowbuff

Supporting Actor
Real Name
James Beer
Bob Gu said:
The Warner Archive is now showing SUGARFOOT Season 2 being released on Oct 22, 2013. So no exclusive for the "Super D" sites. There are a limited number of copies signed by Will Hutchins.

I already ordered Sugarfoot S 2 from importcds.com for shipping Nov 5, 2013, at a lower price. The Importcds Sugarfoot listing calls it a Special Edition, so I wonder if it is signed too?

Will Hutchins writes a monthly article for the fansite: westernclippings.com

Hey bretmaverick2, did you know the Maverick theme song is used in the 1956 LONE RANGER movie?
And theme #3 for WAGON TRAIN composed by Jerome Moross actually originated in his score for the 1959 film THE JAYHAWKERS starring Fess Parker and Jeff Chandler.

bretmaverick2

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tom Hunter

Now THAT is a curious piece of MAVERICK trivia! Had no idea that the MAVERICK theme was ever used in any program not Maverick related.

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Got my Sugarfoot DVD's today, pressed and with Will Hutchins autograph. YeeeHawwww. PQ is very good to excellent, considering elements.

Bob Gu

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob Gudera
I received my order of Sugarfoot S-2 and Maverick S-3 from importcds.com. Both sets were all on pressed discs, and Sugarfoot was autographed by Will Hutchins.

Importcds and the other "Super D" sites are offering both signed and unsigned versions of Sugarfoot S-2.

I have received pressed disc WAC TV titles from importcds and oldies.com in the past. I think the reason we are getting pressed TV titles from the archives is because of the large pre-orders WAC gets from the online/catalog retailers like,"Super D",oldies, and Movies Unlimited. But it is confusing since those sites, and even the Warner sites, always list them all as DVD-Rs.

Bob Gu

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob Gudera
Two more Canary Kid episodes guest-starring Wade Preston from COLT.45 in Season 3. Plus Peter Brown and Ty Hardin, crossing over from LAWMAN and BRONCO, and Adam West in the first one.Season 3, of Sugarfoot, has 20 episodes. Season 4 only has nine episodes, so it may be coming pretty fast and should cost less.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks