What's new

Suffering without LOTR until Nov. (1 Viewer)

Andy Overby

Stunt Coordinator
Oh come on ya amateurs. Use WallyWorld to the fullest extent. Buy the 2-Disc version Today and when the Extended cut comes out, take it back saying your mom/wife got you the wrong one and lost the reciept, pay the difference and take it home. Suffering not needed. Remember, the customer is always right to the good guys in blue :) hahahaha.
Wishing great LotR Fun!
Andy O

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
My suffering will end in about 1.5 hours when I head over to pick it up. I have yet to see this movie and cannot wait to fire it up tonight. I just hope I like the movie;)
and besides, this is the only way to own the version you saw and liked in theaters. Also, the extras are completely different from the Nov. release.
Reason enough for me to own both.
Peace Out~:D

Craig W

Second Unit
Hey aren't there enough other releases to keep you busy until November?

Today alone we are also getting the two disc Star Trek II and the Simpsons.

I like you am also waiting for the extended cut. You would not want to read an abridged version of a classic so why would you want to own abridged version of a great movie?

I am thankful that New Line let us know in advance that the longer cut was coming.

Marc_E

Supporting Actor
Ron-P
I am with you. I haven't seen it yet and am heading over in 15 minutes to get it.

I will buy both.

Marc

Alan_P

Grip
Rent it through Netflix and keep it until November.

JUST KIDDING!!! Please don't do that I want to be able to rent it a few times before november.

JohnE

Supporting Actor
I almost envy you watching it for the first time Ron. I can't wait to sit down after work tonight with a cold one and just relax and enjoy this wonderful movie again.

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
Thank you Brian. Theatrical=abridged:rolleyes:
I am very excited, 40 minutes to go and yes John, a big tall cold one is a must.
Peace out~:D

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
Well I was gonna wait until November. But the BlockBuster deal, where I am getting 10 reduced price rentals, (with taxes $1.58 less than a normal rental) and getting today's release for free, changed my mind. I mean I'd rent movies anyway, and so far have used 6 of my 10 rentals. And I get this DVD for free. After I buy the extended version I may give this one away to someone else in my family or maybe not, depends.

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member
Think I'm going to have to wait on this one-I agree that once November comes, I really can't see myself watching the theatrical cut again, so for the purpose of three months I can wait. Besides-Simpsons today, and lots of Tarantino, Sopranos and Gremlins goodness at the end of the month.

Daryl Furkalo

Second Unit
I missed the theatrical release as well, but through very good luck, got in the mail last week and watched it on Thursday. Now the wait until November is going to be difficult. You will NOT be disappointed with the movie.

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
I had a serene feeling as I walked out of Best Buy without FotR today. It was touch and go there for awhile, but 35 or so Simpsons episodes should keep me occupied for a while. I bought both seasons. :)
Regards,

Paul McElligott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul McElligott
Got my BB card. Less than 10 min until lunch hour.

You are mine, Theatrical Edition, you are mine!! Bwaa Haa haa haa!!!

Did I say that out loud? :b

David James

Stunt Coordinator
"Got my BB card. Less than 10 min until lunch hour. "

Been there done that (4 hours ago). This was a tough decision. Pay for 6 rentals, get 3 free (on vacation 1 wek) and get LOTR free? Hmmm, spent about 4 seconds on that decision. I'll buy the whopper pack in November. For now, big party in front of my 100" screen tonight.

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
hmm...

i didn't realize the dvd was only 15 bucks...i may have to rethink my strategy.

1. buy now for 15.00 (okay 17.00 +tax)
2. enjoy for three months
3. when 4-dvd set comes out sell this for 8.00
4. buy the 4-dvd set

hmmm...net loss is about 9 bucks...not a bad deal. i'm so poor i can't afford to be late, but i still think i can swing 9 bucks.

Eric_Powers

Auditioning
Well I've mapped out my DVD plan. I just went ahead bought The Lord Of The Rings today (I got it for 15 something at Wal-Mart) and I do plan on buy the extended version in November I'm guessing it will be either 29.99 or 39.99. I just have to save my money that's all I can wait besides I also plan on buying Spider-Man, Star Wars Episode II, and the Back To The Future Trilogy. I perfer to have both the theatrical version and the extended version of The Lord Of The Rings. As long as I can afford it I'll buy it. At least when you buy the DVD you can watch it any time you want rather then renting it and only keeping for 2 days (Blockbuster) 5 days (Hollywood Video). Well that's just my plan, I just got to have patience.

Paul McElligott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul McElligott
Just spoke to my local BB. The card is good for up to 2 years. However, that may not be true outside of California.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks