What's new

Suffering without LOTR until Nov. (1 Viewer)

Jon Mercer

Second Unit
Is anyone else suffering with me?? This TOTALLY sucks!
I really hate buying a movie twice and now have to rely on family and neighbours for the disc until Nov. If I rent it I just might as well buy the damn thing now and then pay again later.
I think I might need therapy.
"Hi, my name is Jon..."
Anyone want to join my group??;)

Josh Lowe

Screenwriter
There are so many ways to get today's release of FotR for cheap or even free that there's no real reason not to get it if you want to see it now.

Rich Romero

Supporting Actor
Best Buy - 20 bucks. Is 20 bucks worth your suffering? I think so, and besides, this is the only way to own the version you saw and liked in theaters. Also, the extras are completely different from the Nov. release. Buy it and then buy it again in November. 20 bucks is a small price to pay for the wait.

Josh Lowe

Screenwriter
or -free- if you test drive a kia, sign up at blockbuster, trade in two old DVDs at electronics boutique, etc

JohnE

Supporting Actor
Sorry man, you are all on you're own. There's no way I can wait 'till November to see this again. But I do anxiously await Nov for the extended cut.:D

Hartwig Hanser

Second Unit
Coming to the rescue! I am with you. Originally I thought I would buy both versions, but now I do not think I will pick up the theatrical cut.
Reasons: I do not think I will ever watch it again after November, the extras do not seem to be worth much, and have the BTTF trilogy on order (R4) to help me over the time. ALso I will be soon on vacation for 3 weeks...

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
I'm eager to see FOTR.

amazon.com has the 2-disc edition for 17 bucks...that's CHEAP. Then, I'll get the 4-disc edition for 26 in October.

Cheap prices...there are Universal and Miramax titles still for 29 right now with minimal supplements and "ok" a/v!

Duane Robinson

Second Unit
I saw a version of LOTR advertised for around $70. What exactly is included in that set that makes it so expensive and is it worth it to get it or should I just stick with the extended cut.

ChrisLee

Stunt Coordinator
Duane - that would be the 5 disc set. Basically the 4-disc set with Argonath bookends and a LOTR National Geographic special.

And Jon, get the theatrical version. Its cheap and all on one disc. I personally would watch the one-disc version more cuz it just more convienent. I bought Pearl Harbor and have yet to even put the second disc into one of my players...

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Some people mistakenly only watched the Doolittle Raid in "Pearl Harbor" (since it was one of the discs) and were satisfied with only that part of the movie. :)

Dharmesh C

Supporting Actor
I'm suffering, too :frowning: I think I might break down anytime soon :frowning: :D Hopefully BTTF R4 release will tide me over.
Nah, I think I'm going to get the LOTR disc, might as well. Nah, I think I'll wait, what should I do???? :angry: ;)

Matt Pelham

Screenwriter

Actually it's only $15.99 at Best Buy!

Buy the theatrical version now to hold you over, sell it towards late October on ebay for $15 or more, buy the extended cut and redeem the $5 rebate. You are actually making a few bucks by purchasing the 2-disc now! Seriously, if you don't you will regret it once the sales end.

Paul Richardson

Second Unit
I'm buying both. The extended cut will no doubt be great, but it's not the same film that was nominated for Best Picture.

Jon Mercer

Second Unit
Holy Crap! Aren't you guys the worst help imaginable!;)
Seriously though the prices you quoted are great but I live in Canada and the cheapest I can find it around here is about 25 bucks.
Unless I'm one of the first 25 people at Future shop this morning to buy one at $22.99 (cheapest I've seen) but I can't make that because I need my job.
Thanks Hartwig for the support.:D

George See

Second Unit
I'll be getting them both for 15.99 with a 5.00 coupon for the extended set can't beat that, And I would like to have the theatrical cut of film anyway.

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
I can wait until November to get the extended cut. I see no reason to spend money now, especially with so many other dvds I need to buy.

Jonathan Perregaux

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jonathan Perregaux
I'm having myself cryogenically frozen until December so that when I wake I'll have Lord of the Rings Director's Cut and Back to the Future and E.T. theatrical version all waiting for me instead of me waiting for them! Bwa-hahahaha...

Brian Kaz

Second Unit
I'm waiting for the Nov. release, but I wouldn't say I'm suffering. If I get a hankerin' for some Lord of the Rings action, I'll just read it again.
The thing that will suck is having 'Clones' on the same day and having to choose which one to watch first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks