Suddenly No Audio from Denon 1801

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Brian Mansure, Sep 10, 2002.

1. Brian Mansure

Brian Mansure Second Unit

My Denon 1801 unit has been working fine since I bought it months ago second hand from a fellow HTF member but all of the sudden last night, no sound.
    The display is lit but no sound at all.
    I checked mute first, then tried all input sources, turned the receiver on/off a few times and still no sound at all. I didn't get into more in-depth trouble-shooting cause my Steelers were playing their opener on Monday Night Football.
    (ended up being a tough game to watch) [​IMG]
    Is there anything else I should check?
    Is there a "system reset" button on the Denon 1801?
    I would doubt all cables in the back would come out or get loose but I'll check them anyhow.
    Any and all suggestions welcome.
    Thanks,
    Brian

2. Jeff Keene

Jeff Keene Supporting Actor

Does that receiver have a "tape monitor" button? If so, engaging that can cause this problem.

3. Bob Sheen

Bob Sheen Stunt Coordinator

What are you using ? DVD player ? Have you changed any of the settings on that ?

Bob

4. TaraD

TaraD Auditioning

I have had to reset my Denon 2802 once already and will need to do it again when I get around to it. I don't remember what the combination was on my receiver, but I know I had to do something on the back (pull out the plug)and the front (press something) at the same time. My receiver is in a large entertainment center and I can't do this without someone helping me (my arms aren't long enough to do both things at the same time), so that's why I haven't done it the second time yet.

Just look in your manual or on Denon's web site for the reset combination!

5. Chris S

Chris S Cinematographer

Chris S
    The tape monitor button has given me problems in the past as well, espically when I am fumbling around in the dark after a movie. Double check it first before doing a reset.

Chris S.

6. Brian Mansure

Brian Mansure Second Unit

Jeff and Chris hit it right on.
    Someone must of hit the tape monitor button. With one press of a button I had sound again. [​IMG]
    Thanks for the replies!
    Brian

7. Jeff Keene

Jeff Keene Supporting Actor

Awesome. I love questions I know the answer to! [​IMG]