Such a thing as Touch-Up Paint for TV ??

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Steve Winkler, Oct 16, 2001.

1. Steve Winkler

Steve Winkler Stunt Coordinator

Well, it could have been worse. I had my screen off of my Toshiba TW56x81 so I could dust off the lenses of the crts. So I lean the screen against the back of my recliner and proceed to walk back to the TV. I bonk the chair ever so slightly and BAM, my screen tips over and falls! It would have just hit the carpet except for a heat register sticking out from the baseboard, which dinged up the top outer edge of the screen holder. For anyone who owns a Toshiba of the same model or similar, it's just above where it says TheaterwideHD.
    So now I'm looking to hide these little scars. Is there such a thing as touch-up paint for TV's?? Any help, hints or info would be much appreciated.
    Cheers.

2. Guy Kuo

Guy Kuo Supporting Actor

At least it wasn't a ding in the screen surface itself. That would be impossible to hide and very expensive to replace. Just don't dribble any touch-up paint on the screen. Ouch!
    ------------------
    Guy Kuo
    www.ovationsw.com
    Ovation Software, the Home of AVIA DVD

3. Steve Winkler

Steve Winkler Stunt Coordinator

Yeah Guy, my heart sank when I heard the bang and realized what had happened. Luckily the screen was unharmed. Next time I guess I'll take the few extra steps to go and lay the screen on a bed.
    Cheers

4. Chad Isaacs

Chad Isaacs Supporting Actor

Not sure how this would work but I have seen a paint made for cars.I guess it is just a clear color(I really dont know though) but it somehow blends with the other color,it is used for scratches and the like.
    I have seen it in auto depts at walmart with the paint stuff.
    ------------------
    My dvd collection
    http://www.dvdprofiler.com/mycollect...?alias=cisaacs