What's new

Subwoofers: Yamaha Model YST-SW205 vs AR Model PR808 (1 Viewer)

MikeLC

Auditioning
Well, I thought I had ordered the Sony SA-WM40, though I had heard it was discountinued, I was pleased to have found it.

Then, I got an e=mail from the manufacturer saying it was gone, and these others were available. Aside from the bait and switch issue, any opinons or thoughts comparing them?

The Yamaha is $159 and the AR is $166 (I can pass along the vendor if anyone thinks these are unusually good deals)

They will be running off a Denon 3803, and likely connected to Wharfedale Diamond 8.2s/8.1/Center, primarily for HT purposes, with some music, etc.

Thanks,

MikeLC

Arup

Stunt Coordinator
The Yamaha is more musical but with less output than the AR. It is up to you personal preference. You should audition them before getting one.

Kevin*Harley

Stunt Coordinator
Mike,
If your primary use is HT you may want to go with a sub that pushes more air. The fact you purchased the 3803 tells me you like better than average equipment. Although painfull, I waited until I had the extra $ for a better sub and I couldn’t be :D !!! ...... My .02

Kevin

Arup

Stunt Coordinator
Good point by Kevin and if you want a real air mover check out Yamaha's YST-SW800/1500. Earth shaking sound and good for stereo music too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DVD1968
Recent bookmarks