What's new

Subwoofers to amplifier (1 Viewer)

unequivalized auction

Auditioning
Real Name
Finley Cook
Hi,
Recently got gifted some older speakers, the JBL HT series, 2 subwoofers, then 5 smaller ones. They also came with an amp that is thx certified, which is handy as the speakers are THX. However, the back of the amp only has rca ports for subwoofers, and the subs are both bare wire. Wondering if I could plug subwoofers into one of the spare channels to play the audio, and if I were to do that, should I use a high/low-frequency blocker?
Thanks

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Hard for us to tell what we’re answering questions about without links to a manual or at least some pictures. That said, since the subwoofers are passive, there will have to be an external amplifier between the RCA subwoofer outputs and the subwoofers. And yes, filtering is necessary between the main speakers and subwoofer.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

unequivalized auction

Auditioning
Real Name
Finley Cook
Hard for us to tell what we’re answering questions about without links to a manual or at least some pictures. That said, since the subwoofers are passive, there will have to be an external amplifier between the RCA subwoofer outputs and the subwoofers. And yes, filtering is necessary between the main speakers and subwoofer.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt
Thank you so much that did help a lot.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks