What's new

Subwoofers or bass shakers (1 Viewer)

Glenise

Supporting Actor
How many people are using subwoofers in your seating platform or bass shakers on your seats?
[Edited last by Glenise on October 11, 2001 at 10:12 PM]

Bill Catherall

Screenwriter
Shakers get you the movement without the noise, but still don't provide the low frequencies that your ears like to hear. Currently I don't have a subwoofer (or a platform) but I use shakers in the couch. My front speakers are full range and can go pretty deep, but are lacking in the really deep frequencies. So I plan to add a subwoofer someday soon (if I can get the money together). The benefit of shakers is that they are really cheap to make and fairly cheap to buy and can satisfy that butt shaking rumble you can't get from most speakers. You also don't have to be concerned with placement or "unsightly" (low SAF) equipment in the room.
Oh, I'll also add that should the day ever come that I get to have a dedicate room for my home theater then I'll be building a platform and installing shakers into the platform. The subwoofer will remain a seperate entity that I can position where ever I get the best sound from it.
------------------
Bill
biggrin.gif

mickey31.gif

[Edited last by Bill Catherall on October 12, 2001 at 12:38 PM]

John H

Second Unit
I have been using tactile transducers in my system for several years now. They are used to activate an adjustable queen size bed in a bedroom based system.
My first installation was an array of 8 RBH FX80 units. On to both Clark Synthesis 329F and Platinum models.
I currently use a pair of Buttkickers in conjunction with a pair of Velodyne HGS-18 subwoofers.
Tactile transducers add a whole new level of enjoyment to the HT experience.
John
------------------
Link Removed

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks