What's new

Subwoofer (1 Viewer)

Audio14

Agent
Real Name
Daniel
As some of you are aware of my current setup (2 MLogans Towers and SR7007). I just got a sub (Dynamo 700) about a few months ago. However, my floor is hardwood which affects the sub because of the vibrations as all of us know that vibrations do not go well with audio/speakers. I currently, as of today just put a piece of carpet under it and it seems to be keeping the sub in place.

Any practical advice/suggestions such as placements etc..to help eliminate the sub from vibrating at all? I live in 3rd flr studio apartment (sheetrock walls). Btw, I just bought American Sniper and watching it now, neighbors not complaining yet.

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
With a downfiring sub, the motion of the cone motion up and down is causing the cabinet to move as well. While the 2 suggestions above will keep it in one place, the cabinet is still moving the same amount. Weight it down. Anything will do temporarily. I've seen people use pieces of granite or marble cut to fit to add both weight and a decorative touch to subs.

Audio14

Agent
Real Name
Daniel
My sub is both a downfiring and frontfiring, does it matter if I change it to front for the time being until I look into buying the above suggested accessories?

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
It will change the way the cone force is applied to the cabinet. Instead of vibrating up and down, it will have a back and forth motion. Get some anti-slip strips from Lowes or Home Depot and attach to the bottom of the sub. They are in the same location as the furniture slider pads.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks