subwoofer to repair

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Eric-C, Aug 28, 2002.

1. Eric-C

Eric-C Auditioning

The cone of my sub ripped from the base. Is there anyway I can repair this. Can I repair this myself or do I have to goto a repair shop. Do I just juke the whole thing and buy a new sub. It is a Infinity[​IMG]

2. Nathan J

Nathan J Stunt Coordinator

Like the whole thing is ripped away from the Former???

It might be time for a new sub.....although I have found that Tower Hobbies makes an epoxy that works great for speaker repairs......will not melt rubber surrounds like super glue either......you get one little bottle with the hardener , and the other one is the epoxy or whatever....try that...works a lot better than contact cement.

3. Neil Joseph

Neil Joseph Lead Actor

Neil Joseph
    I am moving this to DIY/Advanced

4. Eric-C

Eric-C Auditioning

Yes the cone ripped away from the foam. No damage to the cone. Sub was bought in 1994. Infinity Servo
    What is DIY/Advance and will they help me

5. Martice

Martice Screenwriter

Hi Eric. For what it's worth I'd get another sub since I already know what type of system you have already. The DIY section is where most people who build their own subs, amps and speakers converse and pass on information. Infact, you met Rob when we went up to CT to get your speakers and he's a big DIY'er. Check your e-mail and give me a call at my job. I'm here late tonight.