Auditioning
i am currently using the following B&W Series3 speakers:

LCR60
DM602
DM601

what subwoofer would best match my setup? really new at this. thanks

Bob Saylor

Stunt Coordinator
I am using the B&W 602s with a CC6 center. I have a dual SVS 20-39 CSi setup and it sounds great with the B&Ws.

AaronMg

Stunt Coordinator
I own the 601's and im using an svs 2039cs and it sounds great. As stated above, we need to know your budget.

AaronD

Stunt Coordinator
Bunkie_r,
I'll try and give out some non-SVS options. :)
A friend of mine has an almost identical speaker configuration to yours and just bought a B&W ASW600. The ASW600 retails for around $500 I think. It's a good sub, but if you're looking for foundation shaking 20hz extension you may want to look elsewhere.
I have DM604's, LCR600, and DM600's at home and I use a Velodyne SPL-1000. I am very pleased with this sub, it's incredibly clean and can get pretty low considering it's size. This sub is also very musical, if thats your thing. The SPL-1000 retails for $1500 but can be had for much less if you look around.
When I was demoing the SPL-1000 I also listened to the B&W ASW650. The ASW650 is also a nice sub, and retails for about $700 if I remember. It's a 12" driver, whereas the other two I mentioned are 10". Overall the SPL-1000 won for me because of the velo's great performance in music and small size. Plus the velo has a 750W Class D amp and a blue LED. The blue LED is what sold me, screw that sound quality nonsense. :)
-Aaron

Michael Roderiques

Stunt Coordinator
I like the Blue LED too. SO cool, just sort of glows over in the corner. People go hey man whats that blue light over in the corner, I tell them its the laser security system.

They always ask, what you have a laser security system?, so like how does that work?

I say well, unless you have this little device(hold up key chain with old car remote lock thing)The laser mounted in the box over in the corner will fire on you. Its strong enough to give you a really bad burn if it hits skin. it will blind you if it hits your eye. So don't go near the equipment unless you want to get a blast from the laser.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks