What's new

Subwoofer Tests: SVS, Paradigm, Velodyne and more. (1 Viewer)

Brian Tatnall

Stunt Coordinator
Hey guys,

I stumbled upon this resources the other day. I thought it is definitely worth sharing.. It is best collection of home audio subwoofer tests I have come across so far. If someone is trying to find how to properly test a subwoofer, this is how you do it.

SVS: PC Ultra
Paradigm: Servo 15
Velodyne: DD-18

More HERE

My apologies if you've seen this before. If there is a better resource, please post a link, since I'm always looking for testing done by people other than the manufacturers.

Robert Cowan

Supporting Actor
that makes me want my dual DD-18's to show up even sooner! i cant wait until those things get here :)

Brian Tatnall

Stunt Coordinator
That's what I noticed about SVS too.

I never expected the Ultra to only be able to hit 105dB before bottoming. Given, it was at 2m instead of 1m, but it really wasn't starting to compress a ton.

I'm more suprised by the roll-off up top. Starting at 50 Hz it looks like you've got an inductance caused 6dB/octave decline.

Robert Cowan

Supporting Actor
Scott,

yes, ive been waiting until ive had my current ones for a year (velodyne guidelines). so, i just ordered them last week, should show up any day now.

MikeLi

Supporting Actor
I think thats the first sub thread I have ever seen locked in awhile... There always has to be someone out there.

I have purchased two subs over the last 3 years from Tom at SVS. They put to shame some other companies (that I won't mention) that I had 12" duals from and plenty of power to each. Never had I felt much during a movie. Now I would not give up my SVS's for anything. I love to feel the bass not just hear it. Besides if you have good speakers as well there should be no problem with music even on the low ends.

Hang in there Tom... Hold your chin high and keep on puttin out those great subs at a great price.
Mike L.

John S

Senior HTF Member
One interesting thing I have found overall, is the more power, the more head room in the lower end. The tests seem to bear this out some in general.

In simple terms, the more power the more output.. Go figure??? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.