What's new

Subwoofer suggestions? (1 Viewer)

Robert Hoffman

Stunt Coordinator
I'm doing some moderate upgrading of my system and I'll be running a 2.1 setup for a while. I'm planning to buy something like the HK 230 for a receiver, and I need a sub to pair with it. I'd like to get something nice so that I don't really feel the need to upgrade when I actually decide to break the bank for my speakers. I'm willing to spend up to say $500-600 on a sub. Listening will be 70% music, 30% movies. Room size right now is relatively small (New York city apartment) but will hopefully be getting larger eventually (but will most likely always be apartment constrained). I guess I should consider not wanting to piss my neighbors off too much. After browsing it looks like the Dayton 10in for the low end of my price range...to some of the Hsus around the $500 range. Any other suggestions or guidance? Thanks,

Rob

Robb Roy

Supporting Actor
Rob,

As long as you calibrate your system, any two quality subs should have the same effect on your neighbors. A more powerful one will simply have more "headroom" than a less powerful subwoofer. In that price range I'd also recommend looking at SVS subs.

-Robb

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks