What's new

Subwoofer Setup (1 Viewer)

Real Name
stephenrabinowitz
Setting up my subwoofer, I noticed that the Monster subwoofer cable has a connection to plug into both red & white connectors. The manual of the sub says that if pre amp has only one output use the white one of sub. Should I use the adapter that comes with it & connect into both.

Bill Kane

Screenwriter
Leave the Y adapter packed away; you dont need it.

All you want is to run from the Sub Out jack on the receiver into one sub jack input, sice the signal is mono. The Sub amp typically is designed to handle the signal from either L or R, but if it says "white," well there you are...

Steve WC

Stunt Coordinator
And make sure you look at the cable closely, some have direction arrows and must be used that way >>>

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
Using the Y can increase your subs sensitivity in regards to the auto on/off function and can increase gain so you would not need to have gain set as high on back of sub or receiver. On many subs this will be quit noticeable as many have posted. I have experienced the same with my subs. You do not need one, but it can be a benefit. Try it and see if this is the case with your sub?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation821
Recent bookmarks