Subwoofer Setup

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by StephenRabinowitz, Sep 13, 2002.

1. StephenRabinowitz

Setting up my subwoofer, I noticed that the Monster subwoofer cable has a connection to plug into both red & white connectors. The manual of the sub says that if pre amp has only one output use the white one of sub. Should I use the adapter that comes with it & connect into both.

2. Bill Kane

Bill Kane Screenwriter

Leave the Y adapter packed away; you dont need it.

All you want is to run from the Sub Out jack on the receiver into one sub jack input, sice the signal is mono. The Sub amp typically is designed to handle the signal from either L or R, but if it says "white," well there you are...

3. Steve WC

Steve WC Stunt Coordinator

And make sure you look at the cable closely, some have direction arrows and must be used that way >>>

4. steve nn

steve nn Cinematographer

Using the Y can increase your subs sensitivity in regards to the auto on/off function and can increase gain so you would not need to have gain set as high on back of sub or receiver. On many subs this will be quit noticeable as many have posted. I have experienced the same with my subs. You do not need one, but it can be a benefit. Try it and see if this is the case with your sub?